Gimélec is a French trade association representing 180 companies that provide electrical and automation solutions for the power, building, industrial, data centers and infrastructure markets. Gimélec members employ 68,000 people in France where they achieve a turnover of over €12 billion, 60% of which comes from exports. Responding to ambitious EU energy efficiency and CO2 emission reduction objectives, Gimélec member companies contribute to a sustainable industrial policy by manufacturing products, equipment, systems and solutions to:
· manage the energy performance of buildings and data centers,
· develop smart grids to optimise energy supply and demand,
· roll out electric vehicles,
· optimise the integration of distributed, renewable energy sources to the electric grid,
· manage industrial processes in a secure, energy-efficient way.
Gimélec’s Digital Infrastructures Market Committee brings together 8 infrastructure providers which aim to improve the resource efficiency of data centers, develop the French data center market and raise the profile of the data center industry. Its members are ABB, Eaton, Vertiv, Legrand, Rittal, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Socomec. For further information, please visit: www.gimelec.fr